Saturday, October 3, 2020

Do You Look Like Christ?

Since the pandemic, I started watching an online prayer meeting. As a person who is constantly seeking the face and glory of God, I can’t tolerate certain teachings, especially if they don’t line up with God’s Word. Truth is some wonderful, biblical teachings are out there. However, I’m in pursuit of God’s glory! My pastor, a general of the faith, was blessed to experience one of the greatest revivals of all time. He experienced the weight of God’s glory. He saw many miracles and people being saved; it is mind-blowing! Please do it again, Lord Jesus!

A righteous remnant longs for the Holy God of Israel, the God of Abraham, the God of the universe, and the possessor of heaven, earth, and beneath the earth. He is the God who answers by fire. He is the one, true and living God. He is the lover and keeper of my soul, as well as the Author and Finisher of my faith. He is the God of miracles, signs, and wonders. He heals the sick and raises the dead. He is the extraordinary and Holy God who sits on His holy throne. Praise Him with me today!

David said, “I thirst for You, Lord, in a dry and thirsty land.” He also said, “As the deer pants for the water so my soul pants for the living God.” Some of us want more of Him and less of us. The apostle John said he must decrease that Christ may increase.

Back to my story. As I was watching this online prayer service (Global Prayer Meeting), I was drawn to the pastor. There was something different about this man of God. His countenance was different. The way he prayed and spoke was different. He didn’t come across as so many others do. As he prayed and spoke, my spirit and heavy heart felt light. I felt refreshed, renewed, revived, and it seemed as if the fire of God was coming through the screen. I sensed something different while in His presence, even though I wasn’t with him physically.

After it ended, I started wondering, who is this? Where did he come from? I hadn’t seen or heard of him before. I pushed the subscribe button for this channel because I wanted to see him again and know his name. As I watched him, he said something very profound, which explained the difference in him. This pastor told the story about how he was getting up every single morning around 6:30 AM before sunrise and going into his prayer closet. He had been doing this for the last 30 years. Wow. When I heard that I thought to myself bingo! That’s it. That’s what the difference is. He was spending time in the presence of the Lord God Almighty! I couldn’t help but think about Moses when he came down from the mountain of God with two tablets after his 40-day visitation. The Bible says the light of God shone on him so brightly a veil had to go over his face.

The more time you spend in His presence, the more you will look and become like Him. I’m not saying this man was perfect, for we are all flawed and works-in-progress. We are all under construction.

All that said, I would like to pose a question to you. If you profess to be a Christian, when people see you, do they see Christ or the characteristics of the Devil? The world should see something different about you: the way you look, act, walk, talk, as well as how you carry yourself and treat others.

Coming from an Islamic background, I didn’t see many who looked like Christ; this was a turn- off. Had I not set my focus or gaze on Christ, I could have very well stumbled or even turned away from the faith. But I thank God that Christ has always been the center of my life and not people.  Remember Jesus said you will know my disciples by the love you have for one another. He also said let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven (Matthew 5:6).


No comments:

Post a Comment