Thursday, January 3, 2019

Prayer Request That Wrecked Me (In A Good Way)!


Last week, I received a prayer request that touched my heart.  I know if it touched my heart it surely touched the heart of God!  I received this petition through my Facebook page from a lady I didn’t know.

This precious lady had two petitions and the first prayer request was – Pray for me to love God more.  How sweet and precious is that?  Would you help me pray for this precious lady?  I think that is one of the most selfless prayer requests I have ever received.  I believe God is not only going to help her love Him more, but He is going to bless her with her heart’s desires as she delights in Her Maker & Creator! 


Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 37:4


When JESUS was asked what was The GREATEST COMMANDMENT, JESUS responded - HEAR Oh Israel, the LORD, our GOD He is one!  Love the LORD your God with ALL your heart, soul, mind and strength and the second one is love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:37).  

And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your 

soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:4


I couldn’t help but think about King Solomon who asked God for wisdom and knowledge to rule his people instead of riches. God was pleased with his answer and gave him riches, wealth and honor (2 Chronicles 1:10).  What God gave him was unlike anything given to the kings before or after him.  Oh, Hail the King and Glory HALLELUJAH!

Things that has transformed my life and helped me to fall in LOVE with GOD!

1.   Telling Him – LORD, I love YOU!
      Telling Him - Teach me oh LORD the ways of thy statues and I will observe them with my whole heart! Go ahead and tell Him right now (Psalm 86:11)!
2.     I often ask the Lord to create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51).
3.     Being a student and doer of His WORD! STUDY HIS WORD (2 Timothy 2:15)!
4.     Praise and worship HIM (Psalm 148)!  Saturate your spirit and home with worship music. He inhabits the praises of His people!
5.     PRAY (Philippians 4:6-7)!
6.     Draw near to Him and He will draw near to YOU (James 4:8)!
7.     Be GRATEFUL & THANKFUL for ALL things (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)!

As the deer pants for streams of water,

so my soul pants for you, my God.

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

When can I go and meet with God (Psalm 42).


My soul longs, even faints, for the courts of the LORD;

my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God (Psalm 84:2).


You, God, are my God,

earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you,

in a dry and parched land where there is no water (Psalm 63:1).



Do you truly love the LORD with ALL your heart, soul, mind and strength?
Are you walking in His ways and upright before Him?
Are material things more important to you than JESUS?
Do you love your neighbor as yourself?
Is He first in your life?

My prayer is that we all will become lovesick and obsessed with Christ and detach ourselves from the love of this world and its possessions.  Lord, help us to seek you and your kingdom and to fall in love with you!

And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:4

6 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH JESUS 👐🏽👐🏽! I first pray for the lady that LORD you help her to LOVE you more and more each day, as you did for Solomon LORD give her the desires of her heart because she could've easily asked for material things instead. I pray this prayer for myself friends and family as well. The world in general needs this to be cultivated in each person so that this world could become a better place. Grant us our Petition father in JESUS name Amen . lord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! In Jesus Name! Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Amen and Amen!This was a good word thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first as well pray for this lady that the love of Jesus Christ will be just immersed in her soul as I pray and ask for prayer for myself as well it was such a wonderful wonderful Ministry of scripture that you gave us sister divide I love you for it God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this. It was absolutely beautiful, it read like a love song from God himself and every response you made was the choral response to His divine solo. I will pray that this lady is still seeking and thirsting after Him. Blessings of The One true King be upon you.

    ReplyDelete