Sunday, August 21, 2022

His Voice is Like Thunder

The other morning, my husband and I were lying down in bed, and we heard loud thunder. It was so loud it caused the smoke detector to go off, and I heard something pop in the bathroom. I was praying that the house didn’t catch fire. I thought we had lost our power. I jumped straight up out of the bed. We checked our electricity and thank G-d, everything was on and all was well. Now, I have heard powerful thunder before, but not like this. This shook me to my innermost being. It was awe-inspiring and frightening at the same time. All I could do was call on the name of Y’shua. I kept saying “Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!” Do you know there is power in that great name? In the Scriptures, thunder is often represented as the voice of God listened to with awe and trembling. Thunder is an effect or evidence of God’s mighty power and ofttimes His anger also. “God thunders wondrously with His voice; He does great things we cannot comprehend” (Job 37:5). After this situation occurred, I couldn’t help but think about how the Israelites shook with fear as they stood at a distance on the morning of the third day when they were to meet God at the mountain. There was the sound of thunder and lightning. Holy smoke and a cloud covered the mountain, and the Israelites heard a very loud horn. When they saw it, they were so terrified they wanted Moses to speak to them, instead of God (Exodus Chapter 20). They urged him not to let God speak to them or they would die. Many scriptures refer to the sound of G-d’s voice as thunder. In Job 37:2, Elihu exclaims G-d’s majesty. He says, “Listen carefully to the thunder of His voice, And the rumbling that goes out of His mouth! He unleashes His lightning beneath the whole sky and sends it to the ends of the earth.” The Holy One of Israel is remarkable. No words can truly describe Him, His majesty, His marvelous power and greatness, His splendor, and His extraordinary and extravagant nature. He is King of the universe, Possessor of heaven and the earth and beneath the earth. He is the Lover, Keeper, and Bishop of my soul! All glory, honor, power, and dominion belong to Him who sits on His throne. I say to Him, “Who is like unto You, oh Lord, mighty among the gods—great in set-apartness, awesome in praise?” I love this scripture I read the other day in 2 Chronicles 26:3-5, where it talks about a young man by the name of Uzziah who became king when he was sixteen years old. The Holy Bible says he did what was right in the eyes of the LORD just as his father Amaziah did. What really stood out to me is that it said he was a loyal seeker of God and was trained well by his pastor and teacher Zechariah to live in reverent obedience before God. This king lived a godly life and God prospered him. I thought that was so powerful! Our main assignment as spiritual leaders of the Most High G-d is to direct and teach the people to have a reverential fear of Him and be obedient to Him and His Word. We must instruct them to love the Lord with all their hearts, souls, minds, and strength and love their neighbors as themselves. This is the foundation of the faith. We must teach them to walk in G-d’s ways and precepts and about His character and ways. Indeed, He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6)! May we all draw close to Him so He can draw close to us is my prayer! Call on Him while He is near and while you have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment